The Operation Stores Manager at QTV is responsible for the management of all outside broadcast facilities and fleet, as well as the management of QTV’s facilities warehouse/depot. This will include ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the facilities, managing suppliers and maintaining an excellent standard of equipment and technology. The role will be required to work on a flexible basis, occasionally out of hours and at weekends as required.
● Management of the building/facilities services according to business objectives and requirements at QTV’s warehouse/depot at Glasgow Trade Park in Baillieston.
● On site support, both for daily general management purposes and regular events in the preparation of camera and audio kit, cables and OB vehicles prep.
● Contract and relationship management of suppliers for equipment and facilities subscriptions including managing the asset management system.
● Calculating and comparing costs for required goods and services and negotiating with suppliers to achieve maximum value.
● Management of QTV’s fleet of vehicles (currently 10). Manage vehicle maintenance processes and MOT scheduling as required by statutory Operators Licence
Working with several local service providers and ensuring adequate record keeping.
● Ensure site facilities and grounds are maintained satisfactorily and to the terms of the lease.
● Management of building refurbishments, renovations and office moves as and if they arise.
● Key point of contact for legislative and health and safety matters within the operational aspects the business as they adhere to facilities (eg: C1 drivers licences, riggers & working at heights H&S matters).
● Budget and record keeping of third party suppliers, including management of costs and budget – including where dealing with repairs and warranties.
● Experience in supervising facilities for live events, broadcast or audio/visual companies.
● Hold a ‘C1’ class driving licence with previous CPC training experience a benefit. QTV will sponsor this training for a suitable applicant.
● Willingness to work as a team in a hands-on capacity with large parts of the role on the warehouse floor.
● Proficiency in known software applications to do with organisation and data management (Google Sheets/Excel etc…).
● Excellent attention to detail and a drive own a process from start to finish.
● Strong work ethic with the ability to work autonomously and proactively.
● Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills as they will be working with all areas of the business and be a focal point of contact for all QTV staff.
● Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
● Work proactively to develop and improve the facilities on site within commercial limits as well as planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
● Employee Assistance Programme
● Cash plan benefits scheme
● Private Medical Insurance
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Critical Illness & Income Insurance
QTV is an award-winning production company and outside broadcast (OB) facility specialising in creating and distributing broadcast television and digital content for rights-holders, event organisers, and sponsors. The company works in partnership with over fifty clients globally, combining international experience with local knowledge to provide a range of production and content services including:
● Outside Broadcast – A fleet of outside broadcast vehicles to service event coverage across the United Kingdom and a proven track record of facilitating international host broadcasts for global partners.
● Broadcast Distribution – Dedicated MCR operations to manage contribution and distribution of content globally over satellite and IP.
● Remote Production – State-of-the-art facilities employing the latest REMI workflows, where individual camera signals are transmitted back to a central studio for production, reducing carbon footprint and costs without compromising on quality.
● Virtual Event Production – Broadcast pedigree to deliver best-in-class virtual event production, specialising in taking events online for dynamic audience and contributor experiences.
● Feature Production – In-house capability to bring clients’ stories to life through highlights production, profile pieces and behind-the-scenes content.
● Livestreaming – Flexible, high-quality, live production solutions for any venue or event, including in-play social clips to drive digital engagement.
We have an outstanding reputation for developing young talent and have strategic partnerships with a number of colleges and universities. We have been recognised for this with the award of an Investors in Young People accreditation and are also signatories of the Scottish Business Pledge and the Real Living Wage.